Have you recently purchased and set up your Ledger hardware crypto wallet but are unaware of how to receive or buy crypto on it? If yes, then take a deep dive with us in our further sections of this write-up.
In our further content, we will cover two easy step-by-step guides that will help you to receive and buy Bitcoin (BTC) in your Ledger Wallet.
Steps to transfer BTC in your Ledger Wallet:
Note: We are using Binance Wallet as an example for completing our further steps. But if you want to use any other crypto wallet, then you can also use that by following the same steps.
We have mentioned below an easy step-by-step guide that will help you to transfer your BTC from your Binance Wallet to your Ledger hardware wallet within a few simple steps.
- Plug in your Ledger Wallet to your laptop or computer.
- Open Ledger Live App and unlock your Ledger device.
- Now, click on the “Accounts” tab, located at the left side menu.
- Click on the Bitcoin (BTC) account.
- After selecting the “BTC” account, hit on the “Receive” icon that is located at the top right corner of your desktop screen.
- Hit on “Continue”.
- Open the “BTC” App on your Ledger device and then you will be able to see the receiving address for the BTC on your desktop screen.
- Click on the copy icon to copy your receiving address.
- Now, log in to your Binance account.
- Click on “Wallet”, located at the top right menu.
- Hit on the “Fiat & Spot” option from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and select “Bitcoin (BTC)” from the list of available cryptos and then hit on the “Withdraw” button.
- Paste the address in the required text field that you have copied in Step 8.
- Enter the amount of BTC in the “Withdraw Amount” text field that you would like to transfer in your Ledger crypto wallet.
- Click on “Withdraw” and then on “Continue”.
- In last, complete the verification steps to finish the entire process.
Steps for buying Bitcoin (BTC) on your Ledger Hardware Wallet:
We have mentioned below an easy step-by-step guide that will help you to make your first BTC purchase in your Ledger hardware wallet within a few simple steps.
- Connect your Ledger Wallet to your laptop or computer.
- Open Ledger Live App and unlock your Ledger model with your registered PIN.
- Now, make sure that you have the Bitcoin App listed under the “Apps Installed” tab for your BTC purchase.
- Hit on the “Buy/Sell” tab, located at the left side menu of your screen.
- Select the payment service provider from the list of available options and then click on “Continue”.
- Click on the drop-down icon and select Bitcoin (BTC) from the list of available cryptos.
- Hit on “Continue”.
- Open BTC App on your ledger device.
- Now, your Ledger App will show the “Get Started” page on your desktop.
- Select your preferred fiat currency in the first text field and then enter the amount in the same field that you would like to spend for making your purchase.
- Hit on “Buy Now” and then log in to your Coinify account (if you have selected Coinify in Step 5).
- Select your payment method and then click on the “Go to payment” button.
- Confirm the address displayed on your desktop screen exactly matches the one shown on your Ledger device.
- In the last step, complete your payment and identity verification process by following the on-screen instructions to finish the entire process.
Overall, the entire process of receiving and buying cryptocurrency on Ledger Wallet is quick, easy, and straightforward that can be done in just a few steps. But if you are unaware of how to do so, then follow the instructions mentioned by us in